International Executive Health Services
A Comprehensive Menu Of Care
Every UHealth International Executive Health program participant receives a series of exams and tests that will provide us with a clear picture of your overall health. Once we have your results, we provide you and your primary care physician with a complete report and recommendations on steps you can take to get and stay healthy.
We recognize that you might want to access additional care services during your visit. That’s why when you schedule your visit, an International Executive Health Care Representative will speak with you at length to determine any additional diagnostics, consultations, and treatments you want to receive – whether it’s meeting with one of our world-renowned cardiologists, undergoing a specific kind of ultrasound, or speaking with a physical therapist about other nagging aches and pains.
We look forward to hearing from you, please call 305-243-9100.
University of Miami’s International Executive Physicals can be customized to fit your health needs. The Standard Executive Physical features the following:
- Medical History/Physical – A detailed history and physical examination, providing an assessment of your overall physical health
- Comprehensive Laboratory Tests
- Complete blood count
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel to detect problems such as diabetes, or kidney or liver issues
* TSH to check for thyroid problems
* Cholesterol and lipid profile which are a markers for atherosclerosis to determine your risk for heart attack or stroke
* PSA (prostate specific antigen), a blood test to detect levels of this prostate cancer marker in men
* Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and iron levels to assess nutritional status
- Basic Nutritional Consultation
- Immunizations Review: updates of tetanus shots, pneumococcal vaccines, influenza vaccines, or shingles vaccines may be recommended.
- Resting Electrocardiogram (EKG) – a recording of electrical activity within the heart.
- Chest X-Ray – Radiograph to check for cardio-pulmonary issues
- Bone Density Screening – A test to determine your risk of osteoporosis, which can lead to bone fractures
- Spirometry – a breathing function test that can help detect early emphysema, bronchitis, or asthma
- Audiogram – an assessment of your hearing to detect early hearing loss
- Vision Screening
All elements of Standard Executive Physical, plus:Stress Echocardiogram- the benefit of a complete 2 D echocardiogram combined with a treadmill exercise stress test. This comprehensive study with evaluate for both structural heart problems, as well as functional. After running on the treadmill, an echocardiogram is repeated to show areas of the heart that are not getting adequate blood supply, an indicator for possible heart problems C Reactive Protein (CRP) Test- a marker for internal inflammation
All elements of Standard Executive Physical, plus:
- Cartoid Ultrasound Study – An ultrasound study of the vessels in the neck to evaluate for plaque of narrowing. Narrowing in the arteries, particularly the internal carotid arteries that supply the brain, is a risk factor for stroke
- 2D Echocardiogram an ultrasound analysis of the structure of the heart and its valves
- Abdominal Aortic Ultrasound – An ultrasound study of the large vessel in the abdomen measures the size and shape of the aorta. This blood vessel supplies blood to vital organs and the limbs, and widening of the aorta may suggest an aneurysm
Nutrition and Exercise Physical
All elements of Standard Executive Physical, plus:
- Analysis of Three-Day Diet Diary – You will record for us everything you eat and drink on three separate days. We will then take your information and give you a breakdown of your macronutrient and micronutrient intake and provide you with guidance to improve your diet.
- Advanced Nutrient Assessment – A comprehensive nutrition panel provides you with important information about your micronutrient status and how this is linked to the risk of various diseases and what you can do about it.
- Advanced Cardiometabolic Assessment – You will be tested on the Electro Sensor Complex device, which will assess body composition, autonomic nervous system activity, hear rate variability, cardiac output, arterial stiffness, and provide you with a cardiometabolic disease risk score.
- DEXA Scan – The DEXA (dual energy x-ray absorptiometry) medical imaging study is a brief scan that is considered the gold standard today for determining total and compartmental fat mass, fat free mass, and bone mineral density.
- Skinfold Caliper Assessment – We will measure your subcutaneous fat on various body sites as another indicator of your overall body composition.
- Fitness Assessment at Medical Wellness Center – We will assess your aerobic capacity, strength, and flexibility levels to provide you with your complete physical fitness profile.
- Exercise Programming – Based on your current physical fitness level, overall health status, and short-term goals, we will provide you with an exercise routine that will be personalized just for you.
University of Miami’s Executive Physical can also be customized to include the following options at additional cost. (These procedures may require an extended visit or additional testing day.)
- Ophthalmology Consultations – Evaluation and/or treatment by our experts at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, which is ranked no. 1 in ophthalmology by U.S. News & World Report.
- Chest CT Scanning – with low dose radiation protocol, this is a screening tool is for those high risk of lung cancer (over age 50, with a smoking history of one pack a day for 30 years or two packs a day for 15 years)
- CT Angiography of the Coronary Arteries – A computer tomography (CT) imaging test to determine whether fat or calcium deposits have built up in the coronary arteries of the heart.
- Calcium scoring of the cardiac vessels –A test to determine if there is an abnormal buildup of calcium on the walls of the coronary arteries.
- Nuclear stress test –A nuclear stress test involves two sets of images of your heart – one taken while you are at rest and another taken while you are exercising on a treadmill or stationary bike or on medication that stresses your heart. It will gather information about how efficient your heart is at rest and during physical activity.
- Abdominal and pelvis CT Scans – Used to evaluate the liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, pancreas and blood vessels for tumors or abnormalities
- Colonoscopy- a thorough evaluation of the colon, checking for colon or rectal cancers or polyps. Performed by one our board certified gastroenterologists or colon and rectal surgeons
- Mammogram- a radiologic assessment for breast cancer, performed on our 3D tomosynthesis machine.
- Pulmonary Function Test- a more advanced pulmonary assessment which checks for COPD, bronchitis, or asthma, performed with and without bronchodilators.
- Polysomnography- A sleep study where your sleep is monitored allowing us to obtain critical information about your sleep pattern as well as other sleep disorders that may contribute to daytime fatigue.
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test- A sleep disorder diagnostic tool conducted during the day to distinguish between physical tiredness and true excessive daytime sleepiness (narcolepsy) as well as to assess whether treatments for breathing disorders are working.
- Testosterone Level
- Blood tests for tumor markers, including Ca 125, Ca 19-9, CEA
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Food Sensitivity Testing – This test provides you with your level of delayed reactivity to many commonly eaten foods and additives.
- Dermatology Consultation – A complete skin examination by a University of Miami dermatologist, including checking for skin cancer and examining rashes, moles and other lesions
- Cosmetic Surgery Consultation – A free consultation for facial cosmetic issues, and arrangement of a full range of cosmetic procedures available at University of Miami
- Initial Bariatric Surgery Consultation – consultation to explore gastric banding, gastric sleeve and gastric bypass performed laparoscopically. The University of Miami Hospital carries the American Society for Bariatric Surgery designation as a Center of Excellence.
- Acupuncture & Massage Sessions – Sessions specifically targeted to assist with headaches, body pain or weakness, digestive disorders, insomnia, fatigue, or anxiety.
- International Travel Clinic – Access to immunizations, updates on health regulations and travel advisories for international trips